Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another plane collection

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Cosmin sent over pictures of his favorite tool collection: planes. He writes:

They have not been inherited as I come from a long line of geeks; all I got was a stack of computer punch cards. I have gathered the planes over less than 2 years, which is just about as long as I have been interested in woodworking. I took some photos of the warzone to give some perspective. Then I placed the planes on item #1 from my honey-do list (11/4 thick walnut bench) and took somes shots. For reference, the walnut piece is exactly 12" wide. I promise I did tidy up the place before I took the shots and I chose the best available angle. 
My current interest is building stave shell drums. I am slowly getting there. In the mean time, I am developing a huge interest in hand tools. Next on my list is a Roubo workbench, braces, more drawknives, a beam drill, and a few more drawbore pins.


One car garage shop from several angles





***

ECE planes I acquired from a local retired piano builder, and a Knaus plane


***
Vintage violin maker planes


***
Stanley block planes, first is low angle, second is a 60 1/2, 
last one is a modern day Stanley plane that I use as a counterexample of quality


***
Japanese chamfer plane, size 4 Gage plane, coffin plane, Stanley 132 with broken tote top,
Wien brand jointer plane (could not find any info about the brand) 


***
Stanley planes: 40, 3, 4, 5 1/4, 5, 5, 6, 8, 8 
(this last #8 is a mongrel plane as I have put it together from parts)




***
Patternmaker plane with removable wooden round bottom, and a 
Made in USA Craftsman dado plane (to my surprize, Craftsman was at some point made in USA)




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment