Thursday, February 20, 2014

Art Show Project The Black Ash wood Box

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi Everyone,

Well, its a lovely, pre-autumn afternoon-warm, dry, no wind, birds chirping like crazy-my favorite time of the year.

And since its so nice out, its time to return to the art show projects and Im going to work on the black ash wood box first.

If you recall, this box had a black ash wood box and a black walnut lid. I got very busy at the beginning of August and had to set it aside.

Here are some photos:

The box needed more hollowing out so I put it on the lathe and proceeded to do just that:


The walls are about 1/4" thick now and Ive sanded it to 600 grit:


I like the color and the grain patten. I looked at it and decided to apply a natural colored stain with is a honey colored stain to the surface and interior and Im glad I did. I think the color is really pretty. This is a photo of the box with just a wood sealer applied to it:


And here are two photos of it with the stain on it:


Im satisfied with the box and its color so its basically done-no more turning.

As for the lid, since Ive widened the inside of the box, Im going to have to make a new lid for it. I originally wanted to use a red colored wood on the top but I didnt have any. I still dont have any but I do think a red colored wood is the way to go so I may have to make a trip to the cabinet makers tomorrow in search of a small piece of red colored wood so more about that tomorrow.

VW

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment