Friday, February 14, 2014

The Woodchat Telephone Game Part I The Game

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Chris, Matt and Scott, the three (3) woodworking super nerds who run +Woodchat,  the weekly woodworking discussion on Twitter and Google+ are currently in the middle of their telephone design game. In the words of +Chris Wong:
You know what the Telephone Game is, right?  One person starts by whispering a phrase into the next person’s ear and that person whispers what they heard to the next person and this continues down the line.  By the time the phrase passes through all the players, it is totally different. 
Wouldn’t it be fun to try something like that with furniture design?
They decided to find out.


Since May 29th they have been passing the design from participant to participant with each one having a week to make their changes to the previous design. I was lucky enough to be invited to participate and foolish enough to accept.

I tried to follow the structure of a Telephone Game and I only focused on the previous version (+Megan Fitzpatrick’s) when I was making my design. It proved to be a challenging and enjoyable process.

My Telephone Design Game design.

I’ll elaborate on how I came upon the design I did in a separate post. In the meantime, be sure to follow along every Wednesday at 10:00 Eastern to see that week’s contestant share and discuss his or her design. If you’re up to it, you can even sign up to participate. You’ll have fun if you do.

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment